The new Simpler Wines have arrived! We tried all of them in our first ever FACEBOOK LIVE event. Check our Facebook page HERE, and navigate to our videos (or see below… but without the comments) and make sure to like us on Facebook for updates between seasons.
Edited 3/16/18 @ 12:54 pm:
We have come to a conclusion about the definitive rankings. Also, if you don’t want to watch our entire live video, here is the bottom line, from best to worst:
- Cabernet Sauvignon (non sparkling) – Definitely the best of all the Simpler Wines. A very smooth and nice Cab (we are horrible at describing wine, but this one is good!)
- Red Wine Blend (non sparkling) – For a blend of red wine, it is much less fruity than most blends, and definitely more dry, which is an added bonus.
- Sparkling Rose – The superior sparkling simpler wine (from the original collection) is really the best of the lighter varieties. It is perfect for day drinking and trips to the beach.
- Chardonnay (non sparkling) – A great, solid chardonnay. We aren’t really white wine drinkers, but this one is pretty good!
- Sparkling White Wine – Not as great as the sparkling rose, but still a solid choice.
- Rose (non sparkling) – Neither one of us liked the non-sparkling rose. It reminded us of Franzia, super light in color, not great.
- Sparkling Peach – I would say this is probably a tie for last place with the non-sparkling rose. It is just SO sweet, it needs some kind of mixer to tame the sweetness. If you like sweet wine (or, alcoholic soda), then this might be for you!